Wednesday, March 25, 2009

C, C and C's trip to Oregon!

Okay, you know I have a whole lot more to say about there visit here, I just haven't had the time to get on here! It's been almost a month since their visit now! I cherished seeing my gorgeous lil sister, her cute and caring hubby and meeting my Beautiful-could-win-any-baby-modeling-contest-not-exaggerating, nephew named Conner!

They completely spoiled us. First of all we totally surprised Big D and lil man, I couldn't keep it a secret from Shawny.... It was perfect- Big D and lil man were at a scout campout when they arrived. We did some planning and we decided we would trick Big D by saying that I had bought a new car....so Coco wrote on the back of their shiny, new rental car, "SALE", Caleb took out the carseat and even took off the license plate! ha ha, but Big D kind of ruined the plan by him coming in the wrong door and not really seeing the back of the car....They had their video camera recording to, (we thought D's reaction was going to be huge-if I bought a car without talking to him, he WOULD flip!)...Coco and I and the baby were hiding in the bedroom. We had Shawny staged on the couch, casually watching a movie and we had CALEB, aka: muscles, pretending to be me napping-under a blanket on the other couch....hee hee hee

First Sheldon came in saying that if I bought that car than Big D is gonna be SO MAD etc...it was great because it was all on camera...then he proceded to tell all about his snowboarding adventures.....then Big D walked in and Shawny tried to play it off like I bought that car etc, this is the disappointing part....He DIDN'T believe it!! He said, yeah right....and he leaned in to "me" on the couch and then Muscles threw off the blanket and yelled RAWR!!! Dale was shocked and Sheldon was jumping up and down saying, CALEB! Then me and CoCo and the baby came out and joined them. It was cool.

We spent the next week hanging out with each other. Big D and I both had to work but In the evenings we usually played fun games like, PIG and UNO and also some hilarious games of "Bull"...

One night they took our family out for dinner at a buffet and of course we all pigged out. Another night we barbequed or mowed down on pizza or Coco's famous jalepeno poppers and pumpkin rolls, were really yummy too. On my b-day when I came home from work, they had decorated this house with posters, streamers, balloons... They made me a cake and dinner and showered me with lots of presents and even had presents they brought with them from other family members in Arizona. How SWEET! I felt so spoiled!

On the weekend we had a trip to the coast. The beach was nice and then we went crabbing at the docks. It was fun and a nice old man in a nearby boat, gave us some Canadian Pepsi (in a can) and it was all labeled in French!

We also had a 'girls night out' of COURSE! Me, Coco, Princess and her Friend A. I try not to use personal names on blogs for privacy sake but it's really hard and I don't think I'm doing a very good job.....Anyways, we had a blast with Dinner and a movie and a couple screaming air hockey games afterwards to boot!

Big D and lil man also took Muscles up to the pond to go fishing....If I remember right, there was ice in the pond still? It pretty much rained the whole trip which was a bummer but it was still an adventure to remember as always.

I am so thankful that they came down to cheer us up and give us some of that Arizona lovin. I appreciate them and the sacrafice of time and money and energy that they expended for us. The H family is SO loving and caring and adorable and beautiful. They were always helping us and spent quality time with my kids (and the whole family) The baby, I am SO happy I got to meet him as a baby, he is absolutely perfect in EVERY way and has a sweet spirit. He is a very loving soul also like his parents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow sounds like so much fun!

Coralee... said...

Aww, your too sweet Lana! We had an AMAZING time, it was such a blast! I can't wait to come up again! Maybe we'll have another baby to bring up to you! Lol. No, I'm not hinting anything!!! Love ya sis, Have a great day! and hide your boobies!